Thursday, August 16, 2007

Netflix contact center stresses personal touch

I actually found two articles related to Netflix's customer service operation. The gist is that they have removed email-based customer service and are pushing customers to call and talk to a human. This is designed to differentiate them from competitor Blockbuster.com

Here is a excerpt from the International Herald Tribune: Netflix set up in Oregon, avoiding other lower-cost places in the United States and overseas, because it believed that the Oregonians would present a friendlier voice to its customers. Then last month, Netflix took an unusual step for a Web-based company: it eliminated e-mail based customer service inquiries. Now all questions, complaints and suggestions go to the call center, which is open 24 hours every day of the week. The company's toll-free number, previously buried on the Web site, is now prominently displayed on the "help" page. Let's hope this trend continues!

...read the full article here

You can also choose to read about this Netflix story and comment on Slashdot.com

2 comments:

  1. I'm posting here since your page is on second position on Google. I will be canceling my membership because I can not contact Netflix via E-Mail anymore. A simple question or suggestion which would take seconds to create would take minutes on the phone. An online business without an online contact, ridicules....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to totally agree, customer service is ver poor right now and they dont give a crap! Will be disconnecting my service.....been with them since 2003 and I cant get movies like I used too

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts