Friday, December 01, 2006

My Bad Customer Behavior with Amazon.com

This post is just a simple note wishing everyone a safe and happy holidays. The holidays are often a time of heightened stress, and we need to remember we're all on the same team.

Next time you're calling up Amazon.com support, remember that the customer service rep is there to help you. Often times if you start off the conversation with an attitude, it will put them in an uneasy situation where they may not be able to help you as best they can.

I know this to be true because I was very mad at Amazon for charging me for shipping, given that their website said "free shipping for orders over $25". That was pretty clear, I thought.

What the rep pointed out to me was that my items were coming from 3 different sources. My items from Amazon only accounted for about $ 18. The fine print was missed. I hung up the phone, embarrassed at the hard time I had given the rep. Amazon's website still should be made more clear. Also, I had to delete and redo my order three times because my bank card had expired. Again, my own operator error.

Still, it's frustrating. Amazon rep, I am truly sorry for sharing my frustration with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts